A place where I can share the quotes that I have collected (and keep collecting) over the years. I have gathered them from all sorts of sources. The "Quote of the Day" posts will always be a quote from a book and may be on any topic.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Quote of the Day


...first, my lord, I'd like to have a word with the rest of your guests and particularly with Mr. and Mrs. Peabody. It won't serve any really useful purpose, but I find it makes people feel better if they talk to the officer in charge of the case. Perhaps I can cheer them up a bit--convince them we're on the ball, as they put it. But then, Americans are always supposed to think English policemen are wonderful anyway aren't they.

Inspector Wilkins
The Affair of the Blood-Stained Egg Cosy (p. 123)
by James Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment