A place where I can share the quotes that I have collected (and keep collecting) over the years. I have gathered them from all sorts of sources. The "Quote of the Day" posts will always be a quote from a book and may be on any topic.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Quote It! Saturday


This blog is, of course, devoted to quotes. But Freda's Voice has a wonderful meme called Quote It! that I cannot resist participating in. You can post as many quotes as you like. To participate, hop on over to Freda's place and join in!

It's a good thing we can post as many as we like. Because I need to play catch-up for this week. You wouldn't think it would be that difficult to put up one quote a day....So, here we go--

Tuesday's Quote:

My body is there, he thought...all buried and forgotten. All the little pettinesses washed away. I feel clean and light and pure. He thought about book-hunting on Fourth Avenue and decided he felt like a smashed light bulb.

A Fine & Private Place
by Peter S. Beagle

[I totally understand about the book-hunting!]


Wednesday's Quote:

Death is something that has to be learned. Just like life, only you don't have to learn so fast because you have more time.

A Fine & Private Place
by Peter S. Beagle


Thursday's Quote:

Death is a lot like life in a lot of ways. The power to see clearly doesn't change people. The wise in life sometimes become wiser in death. The petty remain petty. The dead change their addresses, you see, not their souls.

A Fine & Private Place
by Peter S Beagle


Friday's Quote:

...hope in the heart of man lives on lean pasture.
Tristan & Iseult
by Joseph Bedier


Saturday's Quote:

Every charitable act is a stepping stone towards heaven.

by Henry Ward Beecher

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful quotes--and quote blog! I am here from Freda's Quote It meme, and am a new follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically Saturday is my favorite one of them all.

    Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete