A place where I can share the quotes that I have collected (and keep collecting) over the years. I have gathered them from all sorts of sources. The "Quote of the Day" posts will always be a quote from a book and may be on any topic.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Quote It! Saturday


This blog is, of course, devoted to quotes. At least it's supposed to be...I'm still trying to get back in the swing of keeping up with two blogs. But Freda's Voice has a wonderful meme called Quote It! that I cannot resist participating in. You can post as many quotes as you like. To join in, hop on over to Freda's place!


Here are this week's offerings:

This first I couldn't resist, even though it doesn't quite fit in with the rest of my choices...

A dog wags its tail with its heart.
~Martin Buxbaum



And dreams in their development have breath; and tears and tortures, and the touch of joy; They have a weight upon our waking thoughts. They take a weight off our waking toils. They do divide our being.
~Lord Byron

Heart on her lips, and soul within her eyes,
Soft as her clime, and sunny as her skies.
~Lord Byron

All heaven and earth are still--though not in sleep,
But breathless as we grow when feeling most;
And silent as we stand in thoughts too deep
All heaven and earth are still;
* * *
Then stirs the feeling infinite, so felt
In solitude, where we are least alone.
~Lord Byron


1 comment:

  1. I love that first quote too, am glad you used it. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete