A place where I can share the quotes that I have collected (and keep collecting) over the years. I have gathered them from all sorts of sources. The "Quote of the Day" posts will always be a quote from a book and may be on any topic.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Book Quotes of the Day




Did you know that academic shop is even more boring than police shop? That academics have more expensive taste in booze and they get tipsy quicker?

John Scales
Wycliffe and the Four Jacks (p. 144)
~W. J. Burley



Music to me is like sex; with the advantage that it lasts longer and they tell me you can still enjoy it in old age.

Caroline Bishop
Wycliffe and the Quiet Virgin (p. 25)
~W. J. Burley







Myths can be painful when they explode in your face.


Wycliffe and the Redhead (p. 35)
~W. J. Burley


1 comment:

  1. 1. LOL sounds fun to read.
    2. I agree 100%
    3. Very dramatic, but intriguing.

    ReplyDelete