A place where I can share the quotes that I have collected (and keep collecting) over the years. I have gathered them from all sorts of sources. The "Quote of the Day" posts will always be a quote from a book and may be on any topic.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Quote(s) of the Day(s)

I seem to have gotten into the habit of doing two days at a time. Here we go again....

Thursday's Quote:

The subject for the week-long symposium had appealed to him: "The Social Role of the Church in the Modern World." It had presented, it seemed to him, unlimited opportunities for dressing up truisms to look like paradoxes, as well as the chance make some agreeably sly references to the present Archbishop of Canterbury.

Blood Brotherhood (p. 8)
by Robert Barnard


Friday's Quote:

But I've never had any difficulty in believing animals can go to heaven I've always found it much more difficult to believe human begins go there.

Woman on the train
Blood Brotherhood (p. 10)
by Robert Barnard

No comments:

Post a Comment