A place where I can share the quotes that I have collected (and keep collecting) over the years. I have gathered them from all sorts of sources. The "Quote of the Day" posts will always be a quote from a book and may be on any topic.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Quote It! Saturday



Psst. It's me. The Quote Mistress. Yes, I'm still here. Not keeping up with my book blog very well...let alone my quotes blog.

In the meantime, Freda's Voice has a wonderful meme called
Quote It! that I'm also going to try to get back into. You can post as many quotes as you like. To join in, hop on over to Freda's place!

Here are my quotes for today (a bit of a mixed bag):

The nobler sort of man emphasizes the good qualities in others, and does not accentuate the bad. The inferior does the reverse.
~Confucius

The higher type of man clings to virtue, the lower type of man clings to material comfort. The higher type of man cherishes justice, the lower type of man cherishes the hope of favors to be received.
~Confucius

Our memories are card indexes consulted, and then put back in disorder by authorities whom we do not control.
~Cyril Connolly

Without music, life is a journey through a desert.
~Pat Conry

Oh, how cruelly sweet are the echoes that start
When Memory plays an old tune on the heart!
~Eliza Cook

Politics is a lot like religion. Except in politics, it's your opponent who confesses your sins.
~Merrill Cook

Coolidge's Second Law: A lost article invariably shows up after you replace it.
~Calvin Coolidge

2 comments: